Cookin' Time With H-E-B: Tasty back-to-school recipes
Here are some yummy recipes from the kitchens of H-E-B that you saw featured on KPRC2 News Midday.
Back-To-School Arroz Con Pollo
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 cup(s) green bell pepper, chopped
1 cup(s) yellow onion, chopped
1 10 oz bag Mahatma Saffron Yellow Rice
1 Jar Cookwell & Co. Tortilla Soup
1 cup(s) chicken broth
1 16 oz bag frozen mixed vegetables
1 Lb fully cooked chicken, shredded
1. In a pot, heat up olive oil and saute bell pepper and onions for about 3 minutes or until translucent.
2. Add in rice and stir to coat in oil, toast for 2 minutes.
3. Add in Tortilla Soup and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, stirring to prevent from sticking.
4. Reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Add in frozen vegetables and chicken. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
6. Serve and garnish with fresh chopped cilantro and sliced lemons, if desired. Enjoy!
Back-To-School Chicken Spaghetti
1 Lb spaghetti
1/2 Lb fully cooked chicken, shredded
1/2 Jar Cookwell & Co. Texas Ranch Casserole Starter
2 cup(s) H-E-B Mexican Blend Cheese, divided
1 cup(s) sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 400*F. Cook spaghetti according to package instructions and set aside.
2. Drizzle with oil to prevent from sticking.
3. In a large bowl, combine cooked spaghetti, cooked chicken, Texas Ranch Casserole Starter,
1 cup of cheese and sour cream. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish, and top with the
rest of the cheese.
4. Bake for 15 minutes until top is golden brown and cheese is melted. Enjoy!
Copyright 2018 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.