Here are some yummy recipes from the kitchens of H-E-B that you saw featured on KPRC2 News Midday.
Gazpacho Stewed Okra
1 package Better than Good Sausage*, cut into 1/4-inch slices
1/2 cup(s) yellow onion, julienned
1 1/2 Lb frozen cut okra
2 1/2 cup(s) Better Way Provisions Gazpacho
1 cup(s) chicken broth
2 cup(s) cooked rice, to serve
1) Saute sausage in a saucepan over medium heat until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
2) Add onion and okra, cooking an additional 2 minutes.
3) Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 to 25 minutes, until
okra is fork tender.
4) Serve as a side dish or over rice as an entrée.
*Chef's Note: Add or substitute sausage for chicken, shrimp, or smoked turkey legs, if
Jalapeno Ranch Grilled Shrimp Salad
1 Lb Red Argentine Shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 Tbsp Ottavio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 Tbsp Adam's Reserve House Seasoning, more or less to taste
1/4 cup(s) red onion, finely chopped
1 rib celery, finely chopped
3/4 cup(s) Better Way Provisions Jalapeno Ranch Dressing
2 sleeves H-E-B Rich & Crisp Crackers, to serve
4 soaked wooden skewers or metal skewers
1) Preheat grill to medium heat. Toss shrimp with Adam's Reserve House Seasoning. Skewer
on soaked wooden or metal skewers. Carefully place on grill 3 to 4 minutes per side, until
2) Optional: Cool shrimp 10 to 15 minutes to serve cold. In a large bowl, add shrimp, onion,
celery, and dressing. Toss to combine. Serve warm or chill until ready to serve cold.
3) Serve with crackers.
Smokey Maple Chicken Wings
2 Lb H-E-B Fresh Chicken Wings, separated, if needed
1 cup(s) Better Way Provisions Smokehouse Marinade, divided
1 cup(s) maple syrup
2 Tbsp Adam's Reserve Hickory House Seasoning
1) Combine Better Way Provisions Smokehouse Marinade and maple syrup. Divide into two 1
cup portions. Set one aside.
2) Toss chicken wings in a large sealable bag with 1 cup marinade mixture. Place in refrigerator,
turning occasionally, for 2 hours or more.
3) Preheat grill over medium heat. Remove wings from marinade, discard remaining marinade.
Season with Adam's Reserve Hickory House Rub and carefully place on grill 6 to 8 minutes
per side, basting with remaining marinade mixture until internal temperature reads 165°F,
closest to the bone. Serve immediately garnished with thinly sliced green onions, if desired.