Here are some yummy recipes from the kitchens of H-E-B that you saw featured on KPRC2 News Midday.
Chicken and Shrimp Gumbo
32 fl oz Two-Step Gumbo
1 Lb Wild Peel Shrimp
12 Oz Deli Roti Shredded Chicken
1 Tbsp Adam's Reserve House All Purpose Rub
2 cup(s) CM Chicken Broth
1) In a large stockpot, add the gumbo, cooked shredded chicken, raw shrimp and chicken
broth. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium-low.
2) Simmer for 15-20 minutes or the shrimp is opaque.
3) Season with House Rub to taste.
Creole with Shrimp and Sausage
32 fl oz Bayou Brother's Creole Sauce
12 Oz Wild Peel Shrimp
12 Oz Better Than Good Chef's Blend Sausage
2 cup(s) The Real White Basmati Rice
32 fl oz CM Free Range Chicken Broth
1 Tbsp Adam's House All Purpose Rub
3 Tbsp Ottavio Olive Oil
1) In a medium-size saucepan make the rice using chicken broth instead of water.
2) Defrost the shrimp and season with House Rub. Dice the sausage into bite-size pieces and set
3) In a large stockpot on medium-high heat, add the olive oil and saute the shrimp for 2-3
minutes, The shrimp should be opaque in color when cooked. Add the diced sausage to the
skillet and cook 2-3 minutes.
4) Add the creole to the stockpot and heat on medium for 5-9 minutes or until the creole is
5) In a bowl, add a cup of rice and ladle the creole over the rice and serve.