Cookin' Time With H-E-B: Turn up the spice with these Mexican dishes
Here are some yummy recipes from the kitchens of H-E-B that you saw featured on KPRC2 News Midday.
Fully Loaded Nachos Ranchero
16 Oz Texas Brew El Catrin Ranchero Sauce, divided
16 Oz H-E-B Queso Blanco Easy Melt con Jalapenos, cubed
1/4 cup(s) milk 2 Lb H-E-B Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thigh Fajitas, removed from package and drained
6 cup(s) H-E-B Bakery Fresh Chips
3/4 cup(s) H-E-B Mi Comida Queso Oaxaca Cheese
4 Oz H-E-B Fresh Pico de Gallo
1/4 cup(s) La Vaquita Crema Mexicana
1) Preheat grill over medium-high heat. Carefully place chicken thigh fajitas on the grill cooking 8 to 12 minutes per side, until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Remove from grill, let rest, and keep warm.
2) Meanwhile, add ranchero sauce, easy melt, and milk to 3-quart saucepan over medium-low heat. Stirring until cheese is melted, about 12 minutes.
3) Place chips on large cookie sheet. Cut chicken fajitas into 1/2-inch strips and spread evenly on chips. Top with prepared queso and shredded Oaxaca cheese. Carefully place under low heat broiler for 3 to 5 minutes, until Oaxaca is melted and slightly bubbly. Plate with a side of pico de gallo and crema Mexican. Serve immediately.
Chef's Note: Place your favorite ingredients on the nachos; fresh jalapenos, beans, fresh cilantro, or any variety of H-E-B's great fajitas!
Mojo Cilantro Lime Rice
1 cup(s) uncooked jasmine rice
12 Oz Cookwell & Co Mojo Marinade, divided
1 1/2 cup(s) H-E-B Vegetable Broth
1/2 cup(s) fresh cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup(s) shallot, minced
1) Preheat a 6-quart dutch oven over medium heat. Add 3/4 cups mojo marinade, shallot, and rice, stirring just until rice is brown, about 5 minutes.
2) Add remaining mojo marinade and vegetable broth, stirring to combine. Reduce heat to low, cover and let simmer 15 minutes.
3) Carefully stir in cilantro, replace cover, and cook an additional 5 minutes, until rice is tender. Serve hot.
Mexican Corn Dip
1/2 cup(s) H-E-B Jalapeno Bacon, diced
2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
4 cup(s) H-E-B Frozen Super Sweet Corn, thawed
1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
3 Tbsp mayonnaise
1/4 cup(s) H-E-B Mi Comida Cotija Cheese
1/4 cup(s) fresh cilantro, chopped
1/2 Tbsp Adam's Reserve Latin-n-Lime Seasoning
1) Brown bacon in large 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat until brown, about 5 minutes. Drain excess grease.
2) Add melted butter and thawed corn, stirring to combine with bacon. Cook an additional 5 to 7 minutes, until corn is just starting to brown.
3) Remove skillet from heat and add remaining ingredients, stirring to thoroughly combine. Serve hot or cold with H-E-B Bakery Fresh Chips.
Copyright 2018 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.