Cookin' Time With H-E-B: Holiday Meal Kits and more
Here are some yummy recipes from the kitchens of H-E-B that you saw featured on KPRC2 News Midday.
How to order meal kit: Got to HEB.com/holidaymeals. Enter the promo code "GOBBLE" to get $10 off.
Crispy Roasted Purple Sweet Potatoes with Cran Razz Pecan Glaze
2 Lb purple sweet potatoes, peeled and washed
1/4 Tsp baking soda
1/2 cup(s) Ottavio Private Reserve Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided use
1/4 cup(s) pecans, roughly chopped
3/4 cup(s) Robert's Reserve Cran Razz Sauce
1) Preheat oven to 425ºF. Cut potatoes into 2-inch chunks. Add 2 quarts of water to a pot and bring to a
boil. Stir in baking soda then add potatoes. Boil 12 to 15 minutes or until soft but not mushy. Drain.
2) Place potatoes in a large bowl and add 1/4 cup of oil. Add salt to your liking, then stir vigorously (this
should make a paste on the outside of the potatoes).
3) Pour remaining olive oil on a baking sheet. Spread potatoes out evenly on the pan and bake 30 minutes, turning potatoes every 10 minutes until very crispy.
4) Meanwhile, place pecans on a microwave-safe plate and microwave on high in 1-minute intervals,
stirring in between each interval, for 3 minutes.
5) Pour Cran Razz into a bowl then add chopped pecans. Place roasted potatoes on a plate and top with prepared glaze. Serve immediately.
Roasted Root Vegetables
2 Tbsp Rustico di Casa Asaro Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 Tbsp Adams Reserve Cacio E Pepe Bread Dipper
2 medium purple sweet potatoes, chopped into chunks
4 large Carrots, Peeled and cut into 3/4 inch rounds
1 medium Onion, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch wedges
3 medium Golden Beats, Peeled and cut into 3/4 inch wedges
2 Tbsp Pecorino Romano Shredded Cheese
1) Preheat oven to 425°F
2) Stir the oil and Cacio E Pepe Bread Dipper. carrots, onions, purple sweet potatoes and
golden beats. Toss to coat all vegetable's.
3) Spread vegetable's onto a baking sheet making sure that vegetables are in a single layer.
4) Halfway through the cooking remove from oven and toss in a baking sheet. Place back into
oven and continue to cook. Roast for about 50 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
5) Garnish with pecorino Romano. Serve hot or at room temperature
Caribbean Purple Sweet Potato Casserole
2 Lb Purple Sweet Potatoes, peeled and washed
1/4 lb unsalted butter
1 cup(s) whole milk
1 cup(s) Robert's Reserve Pineapple Coconut Mango Tequila Sauce
6 bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup(s) mini marshmallows
1) Preheat oven to 400ºF. Cut sweet potatoes into 2-inch pieces, place in a pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat for 12 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender and begin to fall apart when pressed with a fork or tongs.
2) Meanwhile, place butter and milk in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave 1 minute or until butter is
3) Once potatoes or tender, drain and place in a large bowl. Using a hand mixer or a whisk, whip potatoes until smooth and continue to mix as you slowly pour in the milk and butter mixture.
4) Blend in 1/2 cup of Pineapple Coconut Mango Tequila Sauce then taste and season to your liking with salt. Pour into an 8x8-inch casserole dish.
5) Pour remaining 1/2 cup of Pineapple Coconut Mango Tequila Sauce over casserole and spread out
evenly. Sprinkle crumbled bacon and marshmallows over the top. Bake 20 - 25 minutes or until
marshmallows are browned and melted.
Copyright 2018 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.