Cookin' Time With H-E-B: Creole Rice with Shrimp Sausage
HOUSTON – Here's a recipe from H-E-B that was featured on Channel 2 News Midday.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Serves: 4 people
- 1 jar Bayou Brother’s Creole Sauce
- 12 oz. Raw Shrimp
- 1 12 oz. HEB sausage (diced) ( pan sauted)
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 1 carton CM Free-Range Chicken Broth (4 cups)
Defrost shrimp and set aside.
In a large stockpot add the Creole sauce, sautéed sausage and shrimp. Heat on medium for 8-10 minutes.
In a saucepan make the rice using the chicken broth instead of water.
Sweet and Savory Brie Tart
- 1 Pillsbury pie shell
- ½ jar Robert’s Reserve Cran Razz Sauce.
- 2 cups Kings Hawaiian Bread (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 1 Granny Smith apple (cut into ½ inch cubes)
- ½ cup pecans (chopped)
- 1 stick butter (melted)
- 1 wheel brie (8oz.)
Bake pie crust in a 9 inch pie plate. ( 350F 8-10 minutes)
In a bowl add the bread, apple, pecans. Pour the melted butter over the mixture and coat completely.
Pour ½ jar cran razz and spread in bottom of pie shell.
Place bread mixture into the shell.
5.Slice brie ½ inch thick and place over bread mixture.
6. Bake 350F for 8-12 minutes or until the brie is melted.
Copyright 2018 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.