Children at Risk hosting annual Human Trafficking Summit in Houston
HOUSTON – A child advocacy group is hosting its annual summit aimed at stopping human trafficking in Houston on Friday.
This is the ninth year of the Children at Risk Human Trafficking Summit. It is being held from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Crime Stoppers of Houston building at 3001 Main St.
This year, the group will focus on preventing children from being swept up by predators and contributing the exploitation of others.
Below is the agenda for the event:
- 9-9:15 - Check In & Welcome
- 9:15-10 - Ruben Perez, Harris County District Attorney’s Office
- 10-10:15 - The Buyer Journey, Emily Freeborn, Children At Risk
- 10:15-10:45 - Preventing Human Trafficking: Addressing Social and Cultural Factors, Dr. Rebecca Pfeffer
- 10:45-11 - Break
- 11-11:30 - Engaging Faith Communities in Prevention, Freedom Church Alliance
- 11:30-noon - Break & Grab Lunch
- Noon-1 - John Wall, HPD Human Trafficking Unit – Keynote
- 1-2 - CHILD TRAFFICKING & EXPLOITATION: A Prevention Perspective, LOVE 146
- 2-2:15 - Break
- 2:15-3:15 - Tackling Demand: Raising Boys And Girls To Be Defenders Of Dignity, Voice for Choice
- 3:15-3:45 - From Father to Advocate, John Clark
- 3:45-4 - Closing Remarks, Jamey Caruthers, Children At Risk
For more information about the summit, go to childrenatrisk.org.
Copyright 2017 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.