Cookin' Time with H-E-B: Brunch for mom
Ooh La La Crepes, Mom's Breakfast Casserole
Ooh La la Crepes
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
1 pkg. Crepes, from produce dept.
1 jar Oh MY Ganache, dark chocolate spread, in cooking connection
1 6oz. HEB Whipped cream cheese or Vanilla Greek yogurt, room temp.
1 pint sliced strawberries or berries of your choice
¼ cup powder sugar
1. Blend Ganache and cream cheese or Greek yogurt till smooth, set aside.
2. Heat crepes in med heat skillet, just to take the chill off.
3. When crepes are heated, fill with chocolate mix, down the center and fold sides over and turn over so seam is on bottom.
4. Sprinkle with powder sugar and a dollop of whipped cream and berries.
Mom’s Breakfast Casserole
1 pkg.HEB breakfast sausage
2 large hand fulls of fresh spinach
½ small red onion
1 cup sliced mushrooms
2 cups shredded Italian-blend Cheese
3 cups half and half
3 tbs Adams Reserve House rub
8 croissants, cut into bite size pieces
1 jar Rio sauce and sour cream or plain HEB greek yogurt
1. Cut croissants into bite size pieces and set aside.
2. In a large bowl whisk eggs and cream, season. Add cut croissants to egg mixture and allow sitting for an hour, or over night.
3. In skillet cook sausage it almost done. Add onions and mushrooms and spinach till sausage is brown and spinach is wilted. Add this mixture to bread mix just before putting into pan, gently mix.
4. Place all into 9x13 baking dish sprayed with non stick spray.
5. Sprinkle with cheese
6. Bake for 45-50 minutes. If prepared night before, add 10 more minutes to baking time.
7. When done cut into portions and drizzle Rio sauce and sour cream or plain Greek yogurt.