KPRC 2, the Graham Media Group owned / NBC affiliated station, is seeking a highly motivated digital journalist to help Click2Houston.com maintain and grow its position as the dominant news source in the country’s fourth largest city.
The Promotions Producer will be responsible for creating and posting content for Click2Houston.com, including articles, livestreams, images, videos, galleries and other web-related projects. We’re seeking a journalist who thinks reader-first and understands how to use formats and tools to best tell stories for today’s digital reader. You will also play a role with the tone and approach of our social media platforms. You should be comfortable engaging and connecting with readers on social media and helping maximize the content we’re creating.
The ideal candidate will have online news experience, including an in-depth knowledge of content creation, digital video and image editing, and working with a content management system.
You should be able to jump right into a fast-paced, deadline-driven, high-pressure environment. Hours may include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
· At least 3 years of experience working with content, social media and an understanding of SEO.
· Able to multitask and perform in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong AP-style writing and proofreading skills (candidate will take a writing test).
· Sound editorial judgment.
· College degree in Journalism/Communications preferred.
· Proficient with digital tools
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Bilingual in Spanish a PLUS
· Knowledge of Houston and surrounding area
Location: 8181 Southwest Freeway
Houston, Texas 77074
To apply please submit your updated resume, writing samples and completed application via email to:
Creative Services Director
Click HERE to download and complete employment application.
Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening, investigative background check, employment/education verifications and reference checks. You must hold a valid driver’s license and be insurable under Texas Law.
No Phone Calls Please
KPRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In addition to complying with the requirements of federal law, KPRC will comply with applicable state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination.