KPRC 2, the Graham Media Group owned / NBC affiliated station, is seeking an innovative leader to manage programming for KPRC 2+, the station’s 24/7 streaming platform.
KPRC 2+ is an exciting new branch of the television station’s top-rated website Click2Houston.com which gives us direct access to connected televisions through the KPRC 2+ OTT app. The digital executive producer of streaming programs will take ownership of content planning, production, and scheduling of this 24-hour digital media platform.
The right candidate for the digital executive producer position will join an award-winning team in the nation’s 4th largest city. KPRC 2 is the largest television station in Graham Media Group.
This team proudly embraces creativity, technology, and being on the forefront of digital advancements and engagement. Through collaboration between news, sales, creative services, and engineering, KPRC 2 and Click2Houston.com produce top-rated, high-quality content on television and online month after month.
The incoming digital executive producer of streaming programs will be leading KPRC 2+ as this exciting, new initiative gets off the ground. The executive producer will work closely with leaders in every department to help build a fully programmed, live linear stream that viewers land on and stay on for engaging, unique local content.
This is an opportunity for a talented storyteller with experience producing compelling programs. It’s an exciting career for someone who thrives on collaborating with talented team members who share the goal of creating a channel that not only leads the local OTT market but becomes a positive example for stations nationwide.
· Develop and oversee writing, shooting, editing, and scheduling of locally produced long-form and short-form OTT content and shows
· Collaborate with multiple departments at KPRC 2 as well as our corporate digital team and fellow Graham Media stations
· Engage with community partners, advertisers, and content providers to create additional OTT streaming opportunities
· Be a brand ambassador for KPRC 2+ content on KPRC-TV, KPRC 2 News, Houston Life and Click2Houston.com.
· Learn the technology and stay up to speed on improvements and changes, to create the best user experience on KPRC 2+
· Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, Mass Communications, Convergence Media or other related fields preferred
· 5 years of experience producing television or digital shows in a large television market newsroom or digital media environment
· Previous management experience preferred
· Exceptional writing and copy-editing skills required; Must also have a keen eye for details when it comes to video editing and graphics
· Must be comfortable with learning and experimenting with new technology
· Willingness to work a flexible schedule that may include nights, weekends, mornings or holidays; Must be willing to be the digital on call manager at least one weekend each month; Must understand this position may include managing streams during breaking news and severe weather events
· Must be a self-starter, ready to execute plans and bring fresh ideas to KPRC 2+
· Must work well in stressful situations and under the pressure of daily deadlines
· Must have strong interpersonal skills and excel at collaboration, while managing multiple projects simultaneously
· Must have good creative and editorial judgment and a mastery of journalistic ethics and libel laws
· Must understand metrics used for television and digital success.
· Must have extensive experience with digital and social media news gathering techniques
· Experience with non-linear video editing as well as broadcast-quality camera equipment and DSLR photography equipment a plus
Location: KPRC 2 - 8181 Southwest Freeway - Houston, Texas 77074
To apply: Please submit your updated resume and completed application to:
Dawn Campbell, Director of Digital & Enterprise Content, email@example.com
Click HERE to download and complete employment application.
As a condition of employment, GMG requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first day of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law, unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation, or as otherwise allowed by law.
Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening, investigative background check, employment/education verifications and reference checks. You must hold a valid driver’s license and be insurable under Texas Law.
No Phone Calls Please
KPRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In addition to complying with the requirements of federal law, KPRC will comply with applicable state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination