KPRC 2, the Graham Media Group owned NBC affiliate station in Houston, Texas, is on the search for an energetic person with a passion for Television news to serve as an Associate Producer.
As our next Associate Producer, you’ll wear many hats. Our APs write for our broadcast and digital platforms, log and edit video, make graphics and assist the assignment desk.
Occasionally you’ll have to be able to fill-in as a newscast producer, with the goal of eventually moving into a full-time producer role down the road.
· 1-2+ years’ experience in broadcast news, preferably in a small to medium market preferred
· Broadcast writing experience, will be required to provide samples of work
· Having worked in an internship at a television station a major plus
· College degree in journalism or broadcasting preferred
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required
· Position requires the ability to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, nights, and weekends as assigned.
· Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment calmly and manage deadline pressures
· Knowledge of INews, Edius, Vertigo, and ARC a plus
8181 Southwest Freeway
Houston, Texas 77074
To apply please send resume and completed application to:
Robin Freese, Sr. Executive Producer
Click HERE to download and complete employment application.
As a condition of employment, GMG requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first day of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law, unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation, or as otherwise allowed by law.
Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening, investigative background check, employment/education verifications and reference checks. You must hold a valid driver’s license and be insurable under Texas Law.
No Phone Calls Please
KPRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In addition to complying with the requirements of federal law, KPRC will comply with applicable state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination.