HOUSTON -

A cold will move through Southeast Texas the next couple of days, bringing rain and cooler temperatures with it.

The front is projected to move into the northwest regions of the Houston metro area around midnight and should be moving off the coast by late Sunday morning.

Temperatures will fall as the front progresses and while we will not see the drastic temperature drops associated with our winter cold fronts, the warmest temps of the day will be in the mid to upper 60s around midnight, with temps falling through the day into the 50s by Sunday night. That means a 25 degree temperature drop from the high of 80 on Saturday to the mid to low 50s Sunday night.

Forty to 60 percent rain chances are projected for all of Southeast Texas for Sunday and 40 percent on Monday as temps drop into the 40s and warm into the low 60s.

Tuesday looks to be the best day of the week with lows in the upper 40s and warming to near 70 with the most sun we'll see all week.