SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS 9
HOUSTON TEXANS 20
Paid Attendance: 71,196
· Improved the Texans’ all-time preseason record to 18-25 overall, 10-12 at Reliant Stadium and 2-0 vs. San Francisco.
· Improved the Texans’ all-time preseason record against NFC West teams to 3-1.
· Improved head coach Gary Kubiak’s career preseason record to 15-11 and 8-5 at home.
· Improved the Texans’ record this preseason to 2-2, guaranteeing at least a .500 record in preseason play for the sixth time in Kubiak’s seven seasons as head coach.
TEXANS TEAM NOTES
· Houston has scored on its opening possession in both preseason games this year.
· The Texans trailed for the first time this preseason following a 36-yard field goal by San Francisco K David Akers in the second quarter.
· The Texans first-team offense played 25 snaps and gained 177 yards of offense (128 passing, 49 rushing). Houston scored on two of its four drives in the first half and missed a field goal to end a third.
· The Texans defense has recorded 10 sacks through the first six quarters of play this preseason.
· Houston’s starting defense allowed 123 total yards to San Francisco on 25 snaps.
· The Texans defense held San Francisco to 3-of-13 on third down attempts, giving the 49ers a 23-percent conversion rate. In two preseason games, Houston has held its opponents to 5-of-23 (21.7%) on third down.
· The Texans won the time of possession battle for the second consecutive preseason game, holding on to the ball for 30:04.
· The Texans outrushed the 49ers, gaining 119 yards on the ground and holding San Francisco to 118 yards. Houston has now outrushed its opponent in both preseason games.