HOUSTON - The "fiscal cliff" has been avoided. Now what? That's just one of the topics on this week's Houston Newsmakers with Khambrel Marshall.
Dr. Ron Johnson is dean of the Texas Southern Jesse H. Jones School of Business and weighs in on the high and low points of the budget deal recently reached. Hint: He's not overly optimistic.
Elena Farah is a senior fellow at the Hobby Center for Public Policy and says the deal reached last week is good for short term, but much has to be done to get our long term budgetary and financial house in order. Ms. Farah and Dr. Johnson tell why the U.S. is not out of the "financial woods" yet.
It's Tax Time! How will you handle it?
The Houston Marathon will host more than 250,000 runners, volunteers and spectators for the two days of racing, but it is much more than a race weekend. More than 60 charities are beneficiaries of money raised by the runners and the race itself! Joining Khambrel to talk about the phenomenal success of this event and about ways everyone can get involved are Wade Moorhead, the Chevron Houston Marathon executive director and Steven Carpas, managing director, business development and marketing.
It has been an amazing story the past 10 years and Carpas hints at what's to come to keep the Houston event growing even bigger in stature.
It promises to be an informative half hour! Tune in for Houston Newsmakers with Khambrel Marshall Sunday at 10am right after Meet the Press with David Gregory!
- Ron Johnson. Ph.D., dean, TSU Jesse H. Jones School of Business, 713-313-7215 www.tsu.edu
- Elena Farah, senior fellow, Hobby Center for Public Policy 713-743-3970, www.uh.edu/hcpp/
- Thomas Jones, Jr., CPA, partner, McConnell, Jones Lanier & Murphy LLP, 713-968-1600 www.mjlm.org
- Robert E. Martin, CPA, Bob Martin & Associates, economics professor, University of Houston , 713-526-5900, www.uh.edu
- Richard Rosso, senior financial advisor, Clarity Financial, 281-501-1791, www.myclarityfinancial.com
- Wade Moorhead, executive director Chevron Houston Marathon, 713-957-3453, www.chevronhoustonmarathon.com
- Steven Carpas, managing director, business development and marketing, 713-957-3453, www.chevronhoustonmarathon.com
Copyright 2013 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.