A woman in Northwest Houston woke up to her hair and home on fire, according to Houston Fire Department.
Firefighters responded to the fire on Peach Spring and Ivy Springs Early Saturday morning.
According to HFD, the couple in their 60s were asleep in bed. They only woke up because the woman's hair caught on fire. The house did not have smoke detectors.
Firefighters say it might have saved their lives.
The woman was taken to the hospital to be checked out, but did not receive any serious burns.
Arson is investigating the fire.