Wheelchair-bound man loses most of home to intense fire

HFD investigators: Space heater started blaze

Headline Goes Here

HOUSTON - A wheelchair-bound man was not hurt after a fire destroyed most of his northeast Houston home.

Firefighters found the home on Kashmere already in flames when they arrived around 2 a.m. Sunday.

They were able to put the fire out before the house was completely destroyed.

Investigators with the Houston Fire Department believe the man left a space heater on, which sparked the blaze.

The man was not home at the time of the fire.

Copyright 2014 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.