A bald eagle found injured in a Pearland neighborhood has been euthanized.
We first told you about the eagle on Wednesday. A homeowner found it Tuesday night and called the SPCA.
The SPCA picked up the bird and brought it to the Wildlife Center of Texas for treatment. It's believed the animal had suffered from some kind of electric shock.
Once the veterinarians stabilized the animal, it was transported to the College of Veterinary Medicine at A&M in College Station.
That's where the decision was made to euthanize the bald eagle.
According to federal wildlife guidelines, a bald eagle must be put down if its injuries prove to be too traumatic for the animal.