Waco plumber dies after touching exposed wiring

Headline Goes Here

WACO, Texas - Officials say a Central Texas plumber checking for natural gas leaks under a house has died after touching exposed electrical wiring.

Investigators say the accident happened Thursday night in Waco.

Authorities say 32-year-old Pedro Garcia was shocked as he and some co-workers from Cornerstone Plumbing Co. checked the residence.

Authorities say Garcia was pronounced dead at a Waco hospital. An autopsy has been ordered.

Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.