HOUSTON - A 74-year-old man was rescued by neighbors Friday when his north Houston home caught fire.
Neighbors said they saw the home burning around 12:30 a.m. at the one-story wood-framed home on Green Meadow Lane and De Priest Street.
They ran to help, knowing their neighbor, Herbert Glass, may still be inside. Neighbors banged on Glass' door until he woke up and was able to get to safety.
"It was booming and things were catching fast. It went up so fast," Glass said.
Firefighters said Glass' home of seven years is a total loss.
Glass told firefighters he believed his home was burned intentionally. He said that a couple of months ago, someone spread acid on his front porch and the fire may be connected.
The Houston Fire Department arson division will investigate.
Copyright 2013 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.