Firefighters have put out a fire at a Taco Bell in west Harris County.

The emergency call came in around 2:30pm Thursday at the Taco Bell in the 600 block of Mason Road. Firefighters say crews arrived to find heavy fire and smoke coming from the roof of the restaurant.

Firefighters told Local 2 the blaze started after someone threw a cigarette in a flower bed of mulch, which then caught fire.

The good news is everyone made it out OK, but we're told two employees were transported to the hospital to be treated for anxiety-related symptoms.