HOUSTON -

Firefighters said a stove sparked a fire on the third floor of a southwest Houston hotel.

According to Houston Fire Department, flames broke out around 10 p.m. at the Extended Stay America hotel off West Sam Houston Parkway and Richmond Avenue. Investigators said the fire set off the sprinkler system on the third floor, forcing everyone inside the hotel to evacuate.

The fire didn’t do any serious damage outside of the hotel room’s small kitchen, but there is water damage from the sprinklers, said firefighters on scene. Crews did not report any injuries.