HOUSTON - Stores pull out all the stops and offer big deals for the biggest shopping day of the year -- the day after Thanksgiving, also known as Black Friday. Some stores are also hoping freebies and gimmicks will draw in even more people.
USA Today found the following Black Friday freebies.
- Digital Cameras: Old Navy will be handing out Kodak EasyShare Sport digital cameras and other freebies worth about $100 to a very limited number of shoppers who purchase at least $40 in merchandise at its 1,100 U.S. stores. A spokeswoman would not reveal how many cameras will be given out.
- Snow globes: J.C. Penney will hand out Disney snow globes to shoppers. The snow globes feature Mickey Mouse with a wreath.
- Ornaments: Sears will hand out free Thomas Kinkade collectible ornaments to the first 200 shoppers who make purchases of clothing, intimate apparel or accessories. Each store is also given 13-inch Craftsman tool bags (retail value $9.99) to the first 60 customers who buy $20 worth of tools.
- Coffee: Seattle's Best is offering free coffee to Black Friday workers. The first 100,000 who reach out via its Facebook page will be sent free samples.
- Parking Lot Movies: Best Buy is putting up giant screens in parking lots at 123 of its stores where it will show Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 at 9 p.m. on Thursday to those waiting in Black Friday lines. It also will feed folks popcorn and Coke. The store said it wants to make an event of it.
- Shirtless Greeters: Abercrombie & Fitch is offering some eye candy. At midnight as Black Friday begins, it will place its famed, shirtless male greeters at every U.S. Abercrombie and Hollister store. A spokesman said, "They are iconic symbols of our brand."
Copyright 2011 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.