HOUSTON - An overturned cement truck shut down several lanes of the Southwest Freeway for hours on Wednesday.
The crash happened in the southbound lanes of U.S. 59 near Bissonnet shortly before 7 a.m.
Cement covered most of the freeway and forced crews to shut down all four of the outbound lanes for several hours to clear it. Traffic was backed up for miles in the area.
Two lanes opened by 11 a.m. and the remaining lanes reopened by 12:10 p.m.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
No injuries were reported.
Check Traffic Now:
- Houston TranStar Real-Time Traffic Map
- Traffic Pulse Real-Time Traffic Map
- Traffic Section
- Jennifer Reyna's Traffic Blog
- Houston TranStar
- Gas Price Calculator
- Texas Dept. of Transportation Website or call 800-452-9292
- Harris County Office of Emergency Management Website
Copyright 2011 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.