HOUSTON - A gas leak led to a Galena Park school being evacuated Thursday.
MacArthur Elementary School, 1801 North Main, was evacuated as a precaution after the smell of gas was detected.
Officials said a CenterPoint Energy crew was sent to the area to determine the source of the leak, which occurred several blocks from the school at 8:30 a.m.
The evacuation was lifted about an hour later after firefighters said the school was safe.
No injuries were reported.
Copyright 2012 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.