HOUSTON - Police said a man accidentally set himself on fire outside a northeast Houston restaurant.
It happened around 2:45 a.m. on Thursday.
Investigators said the man is homeless and was trying to start a fire in a trash can. He suffered third-degree burns to 50 percent of his body, officials said.
The victim was rushed to Memorial Hermann Hospital in critical condition. His injuries are life-threatening, officials said.
His name was not released.
Copyright 2012 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.