HOUSTON -

In less than a day’s time, tragedy struck twice for one north Houston family.

According to Houston Fire Department, the house on Chapman and Woodard Street caught fire around 3 a.m. Tuesday.

Firefighters quickly doused the flames, but the damage was extensive.

No one was home when the fire broke out because 12 hours prior, an electrical outlet caught fire and forced the family out.

Firefighters did not report any injuries. Arson investigators are trying to figure out what sparked the second fire.