HOUSTON -

Everyone got out safely after an early morning fire at a west Houston apartment complex.

Houston firefighters responded to the Huntington Village Apartments, located on S. Dairy Ashford near Huntington Estates Drive, around 3:30 a.m. Friday.

Upon arrival, firefighters found fire and smoke coming from a one-story apartment unit.

Fire crews made a fast attack and were able to get the fire under control before the flames spread to other units. A family of three was at home at the time, but the two adults and child made it out without injury.

Houston fire officials said the fire started in the kitchen, but no one was cooking at the time of the fire. They believe the cause of the fire was electrical.

Investigators said the apartment suffered heavy damage and three other units had smoke damage.