HOUSTON - Authorities are asking for the public's help in locating a suspect they say stole thousands of dollars from north Houston area companies since March.
Randy Paul Moore is charged with five counts of felony theft. Investigators say Moore, wanted on several warrants for theft and fraud, operates in north Houston, north Harris County and Montgomery County.
Moore is accused of entering north side business supply stores that offer lines of credit to companies. Police say he claims to work for a company and buys items on the company's account, and he usually provides false product orders or business cards. Moore has charged several thousands of dollars of merchandise to company accounts he does not work for, police say, then pawns the items he receives.
Police say he is believed responsible for the following 10 incidents in the city:
- March 22 at 8222 North Freeway - Trailer Wheel & Frame
- March 28 at 4418 North Shepherd - Sherwin Williams
- March 28 at 4490 North Freeway - Sherwin Williams
- March 29 at 4418 North Shepherd - Sherwin Williams
- March 29 at 11316 North Freeway - Sherwin Williams
- March 29 at 4940 North Freeway - Sherwin Williams
- April 24 at 4025 Homestead - HD Supply Waterworks
- April 24 at 4940 North Freeway - Sherwin Williams
- May 5 at 15935 Sellers Road - Napa Auto Parts
- June 19 at 6320 North Shepherd - United Tool & Fastener
It is believed Moore is moving around in the FM 1960 area in north Houston by staying in various motels.
Moore, 48, is white, 5 feet 11 inches tall and weighs about 165 pounds. He has a salt and pepper mustache and a tattoo on his right forearm.
Anyone with information on suspect Randy Moore's whereabouts is urged to contact the HPD Investigative First Responders (IFR) Division at 832-394-4675 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
Copyright 2014 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.