ALDINE, Texas - Firefighters blamed overheated equipment for starting an industrial fire at a plant in northeast Harris County.
Around 1 a.m. Saturday, Aldine firefighters responded to a building fire at Trelleborg Offshore on Rankin Road.
When they arrived on scene, firefighters said most of the fire was already out, due to the company's internal fire suppression system. However, firefighters extinguished the remaining flames and cooled down the equipment.
According to the Aldine Fire Department, a large operating motor overheated and caught fire. The machine warehouse filled with smoke.
Approximately 40 employees evacuated the building. No one was injured.
Copyright 2013 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.