SUGAR LAND, Texas - A bird got stuck in a plane engine at the Sugar Land Regional Airport Tuesday afternoon, causing a small fire and a fuel leak.
It happened just after 1 p.m. The plane was taking off when the right engine ingested the bird, causing the small fire. The jet landed safely and taxied back to the ramp.
The Sugar Land Fire Department and hazardous materials team responded to the scene.
The small jet was made by Raytheon. It is registered out of Georgia and flew into Sugar Land from Sparta, Tennessee.
Two people were on board, but they were not injured.
The runway was never shut down during the incident.
Copyright 2014 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.