A home on Sagamore Ridge Place in Montgomery County caught fire Monday evening after lightning struck a pine tree in front of the house.
Fire fighters said the tree caught fire and it spread to the top floor of the home quickly.
"I know when our units were on the way, dispatch told them the fire was through the roof of the house," said Chief Deputy Wayne Walker, with the Woodlands Fire Department. "It gained access through the attic before we even got here."
Walker told Local 2 the family who lived in the home was able to get out in time and no one was hurt.
A severe storm moved through the area Monday after 6 p.m., with a lot of rain and lightning. Walker said it came "quick and heavy."
Two firefighters were injured while trying to contain the fire. One had to be transported to the hospital with a knee injury and another was treated at the scene after getting overheated in the hot and humid conditions.
The Woodlands Fire Department, Klein Fire and Spring Fire Departments worked on putting out hot spots for almost three hours.
Watch Local 2 News and refresh Click2Houston.com for more on this developing story.