HOUSTON - Tropical Storm Leslie became Hurricane Leslie on Wednesday.
On Wednesday afternoon, the system had maximum sustained winds of 75 mph. It was about 465 miles south-southeast of Bermuda and was traveling north at 2 mph.
Forecasters said people in Bermuda should keep a close eye on Leslie. It is not currently a threat to the United States.
Tropical Storm Michael continues to churn in the Atlantic. On Wednesday afternoon, it had maximum sustained winds of 70 mph and was about 1,105 miles west-southwest of the Azores.
Michael could become a hurricane on Wednesday or Thursday. It is not expected to be a threat to the United States.
- Click2Houston Hurricane Headquarters
- JustWeather Hurricane Section
- Hurricane Tracker
- Download Hurricane App
- 2012 Hurricane and Flood Survival Guide
- National Hurricane Center
- National Weather Service, Houston and Galveston Information
- City Of Galveston
- Galveston County Emergency Management
- Harris County Emergency Management
- Evacuation Maps
Airline and Airport Links:
- Houston Airport System: Bush Intercontinental and Hobby Airports
- AirTran Airways
- American Airlines
- Continental Airlines
- Delta Airlines
- Frontier Airlines
- Northwest Airlines
- Southwest Airlines
- United Airlines
- U.S. Airways
Copyright 2012 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.