Kitchen fire spreads, scorches roof of family's home

By Marisa Breese - News Producer
Headline Goes Here

HOUSTON - A fire that sparked in a family's kitchen Thursday night left their home badly burned.

Investigators said the residents were home when the fire started at a house on Jutland Road.

Houston Fire Department officials said the flames eventually spread to the attic, leaving visible scorch marks on the outside of the roof.

One fire crew climbed onto the roof to battle the fire.

No one was injured in the fire.

Copyright 2014 by All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.