HOUSTON - Drivers in the Katy area can expect more congestion over the weekend at the Interstate 10 (Katy Freeway) and SH 99 interchange. Crews will close both the eastbound and westbound main lanes in order to hang steel girders for the new connector ramps.
The closure will take place from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
Traffic in both directions will be re-routed to the feeder roads. Police will be on the scene to help with controlling traffic in the area.
- All IH 10 eastbound main lane traffic will be detoured onto the IH 10 eastbound frontage roads at the exit ramp for SH 99 and will re-enter IH 10 eastbound main lanes after the signal via the next entrance ramp.
- All IH 10 westbound main lane traffic will be detoured onto the IH 10 westbound frontage roads at the exit ramp for SH 99 and will re-enter IH 10 west bound mainlanes after the signal via the next entrance ramp.
The east and westbound entrance ramps of Mason Road also will be closed from noon Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
A $30 million project will connect SH 99 southbound to Interstate 10 eastbound and Interstate 10 westbound to SH 99 northbound. The project is marked for completion by Fall of 2013.
Check Traffic Now:
- Houston TranStar Real-Time Traffic Map
- Traffic Pulse Real-Time Traffic Map
- Traffic Section
- Jennifer Reyna's Traffic Blog
- Houston TranStar
- Texas Dept. of Transportation Website or call 800-452-9292
- Harris County Office of Emergency Management Website
Check Construction Information:
Copyright 2012 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.