HOUSTON - The Houston Independent School District is hosting several community meetings to discuss budgeting.
"We want our constituents to understand how HISD's budget process works, how much money does each school get and even how they can get involved," said HISD Chief Financial Officer Kenneth Huewitt. "Our goal is to ensure HISD's budget and financial information is readily available and user friendly so that taxpayers know exactly how their tax dollars are allocated and spent."
HISD's General Manager of Budget and Financial Planning Sharon Eaves will be leading the budget presentations at the community meetings.
Upcoming Community Budget Meetings:
- May 7 – 6 p.m. at Jones High School (7414 Saint Lo)
- May 8 – 6 p.m. at Bellaire High School (5100 Maple)
- May 13 – 6 p.m. at Lamar High School (3325 Westheimer)
- May 14 – 6 p.m. at Revere Middle School (10502 Briar Forest)
- May 15 – 6 p.m. at Reagan High School (413 East 13th)
- May 16 – 6 p.m. at Milby High School (1601 Broadway)
Copyright 2013 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.