Firefighters blamed a space heater for starting a fire at a home in South Central Houston.
HFD responded to the house fire on Bowen near Glenrose just before midnight Sunday. When firefighters arrived they found smoke pouring out of the back bedroom of a one-story house.
According to reports, firefighters made a fast attack and quickly knocked down the flames. They determined a space heater was the original source of the blaze.
A family was inside the home when the fire started, but HFD said everyone made it out safely, and no one was injured.