A high-rise was temporarily evacuated in downtown Houston Friday due to a gas leak, according to the Houston Fire Department.
The gas leak happened at a construction site in the 1700 block of Fannin St around 11:47 a.m. Friday. The leak forced officials to evacuate the Houston House Apartments, located a block away.
Street at Fannin, and Pease Street at Caroline were also closed for safety.
The area was cleared and everyone was allowed to return to their apartments around 4 p.m.
No injuries were reported.