HFD: Couple awakened by smoke detector during house fire

Headline Goes Here

HOUSTON - Investigators said a smoke detector may have saved the lives of a married couple after their home erupted in flames.

Houston firefighters said the fire broke out at a home on Fostoria near Dunham around 11 p.m. Wednesday.

Investigators said crews were able to knock out the flames pretty quickly.

A husband and wife were asleep inside the home at the time, but investigators said the smoke detector woke them up and they were able to get out safely.

Arson investigators were called to the scene to try and figure out what started the fire.

Copyright 2013 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.