Police are hoping newly released surveillance video and photos will help them capture a serial robber.
Houston police said the suspect is wanted in at least 16 robberies of businesses in the west and north areas of the city since August.
Investigators said the suspect mostly targets service stations such as Valero, Conoco, Super K, Shell and Texaco. Police believe the suspect is responsible for robberies at the following stores:
- Conoco located at 9342 Westview on August 10, 23 and September 2
- Texaco located at 9343 Clay Road on August 20
- Super K located at 9235 Clay Road on September 1
- Texaco located at 12297 Beechnut on September 5
- Valero located at 6450 W. 43rd Street on September 22
- Smart Food Stop located at 15121 Memorial on September 27
- Sunny Food Store located at 934 N. Wilcrest on October 5
- Shell located at 11110 Westheimer on October 5
- Walgreens located at 11038 Westheimer on October 11
- Valero located at 13155 Katy on October 29, November 3 and December 6
- Valero located at 5415 Kirby on November 2
- Payless located at 2600 Kirkwood on November 6
Officials describe the suspect as a black man, about 6 feet tall and 180 pounds with a full beard and mustache. During the robberies he wore sunglasses, a baseball cap or hoodie and entered the store posing as a customer.
Once at the counter, police said the suspect pulled out a gun and robbed the employees of money from the register and cigarettes.
Police said after most of the incidents, the suspect was seen getting into a black two-door Fiat.
Anyone who can identify the suspect or has information on his whereabouts is asked to call the HPD Robbery Division at 713-308-0700 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.