HOUSTON - Traffic was backed up for hours after an 18-wheeler jackknifed on Interstate 10 early Monday.
Houston Fire Department crews said the wreck in the westbound lanes in downtown Houston happened about 3 a.m.
More than 80 gallons of fuel spilled from the truck's ruptured tanks. Crews were called in to help clean the mess.
The road reopened about 5:30 a.m.
The driver of the truck was not hurt.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
Check Traffic Now:
- Houston TranStar Real-Time Traffic Map
- Traffic Pulse Real-Time Traffic Map
- Traffic Section
- Jennifer Reyna's Traffic Blog
- Houston TranStar
- Gas Price Calculator
- Texas Dept. of Transportation Website or call 800-452-9292
- Harris County Office of Emergency Management Website
Check Construction Information:
Copyright 2012 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.