HOUSTON -

Firefighters are blaming faulty wiring for a fire that gutted part of a southwest Houston home.

It happened around 11 p.m. Wednesday on Bayou Knoll at Oak Bend.

Upon arrival, firefighters saw flames coming from the back of the house. They made a fast attack and were able to get the fire out quickly.

Officials say a couple was inside the home when the fire broke out. They managed to get out safely.

Investigators said the fire started at the electrical wiring by the outside air conditioning unit. It caught the outside of the wall on fire and then spread to an attached room in the back of the house.

No one was injured.