Family, pet parakeets escape fire at northwest Harris County home

Firefighters believe it started in the oven

By Frank Espinoza - News Producer
Headline Goes Here

HOUSTON - A family is safe after managing to escape a fire in their northwest Harris County home.

It started just after 10:15 a.m. Tuesday on Heather Hill near Hazy Valley Lane.

The Northwest Fire Department responded and found fire and smoke in the kitchen.

Firefighters say something in the oven caught fire and it spread all the way to the attic through a wall before it could be contained.

Two adults and two children were inside at the time, but fortunately no one was hurt.

The family's two pet parakeets also made it out safely.

Copyright 2014 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.