Electrical problem causes smoke in school

Students evacuated at Kolter Elementary

Headline Goes Here

HOUSTON - An electrical problem in the main office of a southwest Houston elementary school caused smoke and an evacuation of the school Tuesday.

Houston Fire Department was called to Kolter Elementary School, at 9710 Runnymeade, after someone pulled the fire alarm when they smelled smoke. Administrators immediately ordered the school to be evacuate.

Steven Shetzer, principal of Kolter Elementary, released a statement saying that the repairs require that students are being relocated to Johnston Middle School for the remainder of the school day.

Afterschool programs have been canceled.

Copyright 2013 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.