HOUSTON -

Arson units are investigating how a dryer sparked a fire in a southwest Houston apartment.

According to the Houston Fire Department, firefighters arrived at the apartment building on Chimney Rock and Glenmont Street around 9:30 p.m. Tuesday.

Firefighters found smoke and a small fire in the laundry room of an upstairs apartment.

Officials said the dryer in the unit apparently caught fire. The flames spread up the wall and into the attic.

Firefighters were able to make a fast attack and put the fire out quickly.

The occupants of the apartment got out safely.