HOUSTON -

A fire forced guests to evacuate a hotel in the Galleria-area late Wednesday night.

According to the Houston Fire Department, smoke started billowing out of the Sonesta ES Suites at Hildago Street and Sage Road just before 10 p.m. Wednesday. Firefighters quickly located the source of the smoke in the laundry room and doused the flames.

According to the department, a dryer shorted then overheated, which sparked the fire. While the flames were contained to one room, smoke filled two floors.

Firefighters did not report any injuries.