HOUSTON - Tropical Storm Debby is a post-tropical cyclone about 24 hours after making landfall in Florida.
As of 4 p.m. CST Wednesday, Debby was at 29.5 North and 79.3 West, or about 180 miles east of St. Augustine, Fla.. It was moving east at 13 mph and had maximum sustained winds of 40 mph with higher gusts.
The National Hurricane Center said that Debby has lost its tropical characteristics and had a poorly-defined center, so it was re-classified as a post-tropical cyclone.
Forecasters said the post-tropical cyclone was expected to travel east with a turn toward the east-northeast and increase in forward speed over the next couple of days.
Debby made landfall near Steinhatchee, Fla. on Tuesday afternoon. It became less organized as it reached the east coast of north-central Florida.
Debby was expected to produce total rain accumulations of 10 to 20 inches across much of northern and central Florida, with isolated maximum amounts of 25 inches possible. Rain from Debby was diminishing on Wednesday.
- Houston JustWeather.com
- Severe Weather Alerts
- Weather Maps and Radars
- Radar Loops
- Lightning Tracker
- Weather Videos
- Your Hot Shot Pics
- Your 'I Shot News' Pics
- Click2Houston Hurricane Headquarters
- JustWeather Hurricane Section
- Hurricane Tracker
- Download Hurricane App
- 2012 Hurricane and Flood Survival Guide
- National Hurricane Center
- National Weather Service, Houston and Galveston Information
- City Of Galveston
- Galveston County Emergency Management
- Harris County Emergency Management
- Evacuation Maps
Check Traffic Now:
- Houston TranStar Real-Time Traffic Map
- Traffic Pulse Real-Time Traffic Map
- Jennifer's Traffic Blog
- Traffic Section
- Houston Transtar
- Texas Dept. of Transportation Web site (or call 800-452-9292)
- Harris County Office of Emergency Management Web site
Airline and Airport Links:
- Houston Airport System: Bush Intercontinental and Hobby Airports
- AirTran Airways
- American Airlines
- Continental Airlines
- Delta Airlines
- Frontier Airlines
- Northwest Airlines
- Southwest Airlines
- United Airlines
- U.S. Airways
- Travel Weather
- FAA Links For Passenger Information
- Time-Saving Travel Tips
- How To Pack
- 8 Things You Should Always Pack
- How To Land Good Airplane Seats
Copyright 2012 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.