HOUSTON -

Family members manage to escape safely after their home caught fire in the middle of the night.

Firefighters arrived Tuesday around 10:30 p.m to the home on Broad Street and Fariway Drive.

Crews discovered flames coming from the back of the house.

They made a fast attack and were able to get the fire under control quickly.

According to HFD, the fire started outside the back of the house, then quickly spread into the attic.

There was a family home at the time, but everyone got out safely. 

Family members  told investigators they were all sleeping or in their bedrooms when the fire broke out.

Their smoke detector went off, which allowed them to get out in time.

Arson crews  investigated the  scene but declared it to be accidental.

Investigators  believe the blaze may have been sparked by an electrical short on the outside wall in the back.