Corvette catches fire inside garage

By Kelci Johnston - News Producer
Headline Goes Here

HOUSTON - Firefighters blamed a car's electrical issue for sparking a fire in the attached garage of a southeast Houston home Friday night.

Firefighters arrived at the home on Jean Street around 9:30.

"We found the car heavily involved in the garage," said Senior Captain Charles Martin, with the Houston Fire Department.

The homeowner told firefighters he had been driving the car earlier when he noticed something was wrong.

"There was a mechanical issue we believe, based on talking to [the homeowner]." said Captain Martin.

At some point, the Corvette caught fire. 

Firefighters managed to contain the fire to the garage and prevent it from spreading to the rest of the house.

No one was injured.

Copyright 2014 by All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.