HOUSTON -

Authorities say an overheated battery caused caused a brief evacuation at Lyndon B. Johnson General Hospital, the Harris County Hospital District (HCHD) said.

HCHD said a UPC battery overheated around 12:30 p.m. Monday on the first floor of LBJ Hospital.

Officials say hazmat crews evacuated the first floor of the hospital as a precaution.

There was a foul smell, but no chemicals were released, according to the hospital district.

Officials say the battery was removed and all patients and staff were allowed back inside.