Ceiling fan blamed for apartment fire

Fan was inside a bathroom

Headline Goes Here

HOUSTON -  A ceiling fan is being blamed for starting a fire at a northeast Houston apartment complex.

The fire started around 1:30 a.m. Friday at the Haverstock Mills Apartments on Aldine Bender and Lee Road.

The fire was inside the bathroom of an upstairs unit.

The Eastex Fire Department along with the Westfield Fire Department was able to keep the fire from spreading and causing a lot of damage.

Everyone in the apartment was able to get out safely.

No one was injured.

Copyright 2012 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.